Tuesday 27 October 2009

Going for a Hat Trick

K&Co's Wild Saffron papers are so perfect for the season that I just keep picking 'em up! Over at Kraftin Kimmie the card challenge this week is to use Brown, Rust & Green or Yellow...Ah what the hell I thought & used them all!

The sketch is from Cupcake Craft & the addition of the charm qualifies this card over on Crafty Angels too.

I also had another bash at Michelle's handmade flowers there's a tutorial for them somewhere but I couldn't find the link, :-( I didn't distress the edges of the petals enough again, note to self...more contrast required!! I used eyelash fibres & beads for the flower-centre & again I'm pleased with the effect but not with the contrast.

I'll keep practising!

Thank you so much for stopping by xxx

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creation!! Lovely layout and colouring! Thnaks for joining our Kraftin' Kimmie challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, the papers are gorgeous and the image so sweet. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous, how on earth do your give your cards away!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nikki, what a pretty card. I love the sweet image and your colouring is fab. Gorgeous papers and I think your flower is stunning. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nikki
    Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog. Your card is so beautiful and I love the way you combine the colors and papers.
    Great work.
    Hugs,
    Ranita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Nikki, you've done such a great job with our sketch this week, thanks for playing along with us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card...beautiful colours and a perfect 'Michele' flower...the tutorial is on Just Magnolia by the way
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete