Thursday 17 September 2009

A moment of self-doubt...


Gosh, It doesn't seem like I've been away for long but the last time I posted was over a week ago!


I must confess my mojo went walkabout for a while & I'm not sure is fully in gear yet but I've been working on a card for the Truly Scrumptious & Spoonful of Sugar nonetheless...


To be honest I'm not happy with the card, Tilda went a bit Skew-whiff & yet again I used a card blank all wrong for the sketch so I've had to play about with it to make it fit. I used distress inks to colour the image & it looks okay but not brilliant. The stamped flowers are too big & don't really work ...Lol... I could go on!!!
I see some of the amazing, talented bloggers out there and the truly fabulous work they do I just can't help comparing my own stuff & feeling something's not quite clicking yet...
So what do I need to do? Well I feel like I haven't really identified my own style & I could improve my colourizing technique & also how I size & place embellishments needs work. How am I going to do this? PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE and hey if I need a few more products along the way who am I to argue?!
I put a load of old, unloved stash on ebay this week specifically with the view of buying lots of lovely new stuff with the proceeds, I've made about £40 so far... I feel a spree coming on!
So should you come across this frankly altogether too wordy & self-pitying post please don't feel you need to comment just to make me feel better I'm honestly not looking for that, however any hints on the issues I've identified of myself (& any that I haven't!!) would be genuinely appreciated.
Thanks for reading xxx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki, I think this is a lovely card. I agree that practice is the key. If I look back at the first card I posted on my blog you wouldn't think it was made by the same person! Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you need to worry at all - this is fabulous! I love the big scribbly flowers and the cute image looks great! Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge!

    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous - love it!! Fantastic papers (& colours) and those flower are NOT too big - they are absolutely stunning. So Tilda has had one too many and is swaying somewhat - don't we all at times, tee-hee.
    Thanks so much for joining us at TS this week.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Nikki. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us at TS this week. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete