Friday 26 April 2013

When did you last use your Stampboard?

Have you still got some at the back of a drawer? I hunted mine out the other day, I bought some caviar beads from a pound shop recently (12 colours! in little glass vials! One Pound!!) and I wanted to use them. Not having a melt pot, (I really want a melt pot but I know I'll never use it *rollseyes*) my thoughts turned to those little squares and rectangles that haven't seen the light of day for many a year and I made this...



You can get an idea of scale from some the products I used for this little make. It really is quite tiny but I like working in small scale especially when I'm trying out new techniques or experimenting.

You can just see the caviar beads set into the clear embossing powder on the stampboard image, it was the very devil getting them to stop blowing about with the heat tool, but I managed (all the while wishing I had a melt pot!) and then added a few dabs of acrylic pearls for a bit of extra colour. The butterfly wings were stamped onto acetate and glittered from behind before being attached to the back of the image.

I expect it'll be a while until Mr stampboard comes out again but don't worry, like the sentiment on my project, you are loved!

Thanks for visiting!

Nikki x



1 comment: