Wednesday 17 April 2013

The Grasshopper Hunt

Hi There!

Woo Hoo!! after an amazing Blog Hop earlier this week I'm super-motivated to create and after getting such lovely encouraging comments I may try to do more tutorials in the future. I'm also celebrating reaching over 10,000 pageviews! {I reckon about 5,000 are just me looking at my own blog though ;)}

Don't forget, you have until midnight 18th April to comment on this post to be in with a chance of winning this candy...


So here I am back to share another Layout with 'A Pocketful of Posies'. At first glance this Kit seems to have pink predominantly running through it but this time I managed to make a layout without using any!

I chose a sunny pic of my 3 gorgeous boys intent on their hunt for Grasshoppers in the fields of Brittany last year. The story is hidden in the pocket behind the photo, I love hidden journalling because I never think my handwriting looks right on the page!

I made use of the fabric leaves and wood veneers to embellish the page, covering the veneers with patterned paper as you can see here..

I hope that you se something here that inspires you today and if you have any questions please do so in the comments and I'll do my best to answer them.

Can you use your kit without any hints of pink? If you do I'd love to see them!

See you soon,

Nikki xxx

4 comments:

  1. that is a gorgeous Lo so glad you joined the blog hop as now I can follow you to see your pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Nik, you are giving me some great ideas on how to use my Quirky kt as I was a bit stumped when it came! One question are the hearts chipboard?

    ReplyDelete