Tuesday 19 November 2013

Paper smooches colour challenge

Hey there!

I'm really glad that I managed to catch some decent light this morning to take a pic of my latest creation for the Paper Smooches challenge. It's one of those crisp, sunny Autumn days here in the UK, cold but utterly beautiful!

I was inspired not so much by the colours of the Paper Smooches Sparks cool shades colour challenge this week, but by the name of the pallette, 'giving thanks'. I have been desperate to ink up a turkey (or peacock) with my 'My Peeps' set and practice my masking! So I made a thanksgiving card, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving in the UK obviously but I do have a couple of American friends who I hope would appreciate recieving this!

You can't see on the pic, but I used glossy accents on Mr Turkey's eyes and his cute little Quaker Hat. I also had to colour all the little yellow leaves red to tie in with this week's colour scheme, a labour of love, lol!

I would also like to enter this card for the thanks giving challenge at simon says stamp

SSS blog

Thanks for looking today!

Nikki xxx

3 comments:

  1. This is super cute! I love the bit o' blue on the turkey! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the turkey and how the border repeats his tail feather shape... I have this PS stamp set and your card really makes me want to ink up the turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOOOOO fabulous! I love your use of these colors on the kraft card base! AMAMAMAMAMAZING:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge! Hope you play along this week for the Picture Perfect challenge:)

    ReplyDelete