Wednesday 23 January 2013

Our local pleasure beach

Hi There!

I rustled up another LO to play along with a challenge on UKS and thought it would be nice to share here too. The challenge was one of contrasts, light/dark, hot/cold, new/old. So I used warm & cool colours, a photo of DS1 taken into sun which put him into silhouette while at the same time catching all the light on the water and new and old stash. The vellum was one of my first ever purchases from HobbyCraft and the shaped paperclips were a steal from my local discount shop!

We live in the landlocked midlands but close by there is a reservoir that I often take the children to when they need to run off a bit of energy. They love to go down to the water's edge and throw stones in, the bigger splash the better!

So, here is the layout
And here is a close up of the picture

I used a page kit from Crafts 4 Eternity and really all the work was already done for you on the papers so it a page that came together quite easily once I'd decided where to put the hexagons! It's fab getting new scrap supplies each month to play with and at £18 incl P&P for a 4 month subscription, great value for money!

I hope this post finds you well and not too snowy! Where I live there's been a good solid covering since Friday and it just seems to keep on coming! Stay warm & drive safe,

Nikki xxx


2 comments: