Friday 5 March 2010

Going round in circles!



Hello Blogland :)

I'm feeling very guilty about how badly I've been neglecting you but my energy levels are so low I'm wondering if maybe I should be taking iron tablets! Seriously, just getting to work in the morning is such an effort these days, I'm so glad it's sunny today, I think the winter has just been too long this year.

So it's taken me a few nights to complete this project using the sketch from Mojo Monday this week & the theme of circles from Cupcake Crafts. This card meets the 'Anything Goes' brief over on Lexie'Remove formatting from selections creations too.

I used lovely wild asparagus papers & "Tilda Wrapped" coloured with Inkadinks & Distress. To make the background I masked off Tilda & sponged distress ink over the image & then overstamped with a text stamp using the same ink. I was inspired to use this technique by Dena's fabulous vintage card here.

I hope you enjoyed looking at my creation, please tell me what you think!

10 comments:

  1. Another stunner Nikki!!! I adore this Tilda! Super pretty papers and lace detail!! Love it!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think - WOW!!! Another superb card - your colouring is just to die for and I love your design papers!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow beautiful thanks for joining us at lexis

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutley gorgeous card,love the colours and papers.thanks for joining us at lexis
    lalkygirl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nikki, what a pretty card. Such a cute image and the papers are gorgeous. I really like the lace and the layout is perfect. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Oh wow! Fabulous card for our challenge! Love the image and lace! I know what you mean about energy levels! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake!
    Hugs Shelly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card! I love that little bit of lace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nikki,
    I thought I as seeing double for a sec, I just posted a card with these papers! But this is absolutely stunning. I don't think it matters how long it takes, if the outcome is this gorgeous. Your colouring is beautiful. Sorry, you are feeling so tired. I guess work is a necessary evil to fund our crafting addiction. LOL! Hope you find some energy soon.
    Big Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. another beautiful card Nikki!! hope you are feeling more energetic soon hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just gorgeous Nikki! I love the colors, layout and beautiful image!!!
    I hope your feeling better soon! That is awful when you don't have any energy!
    Take care
    :)kathy

    ReplyDelete