Tuesday 4 December 2012

Larking about with Northern Lights

Hiya!

It was my great honour to be asked to be the November/December guest designer for Quirky Kits. This is my first layout using the main kit 'Northern Lights'.

It's been a few years since I went skiing, but this picture of myself, my sister and our ski instructor has been patiently waiting for exactly the right papers to put with it!


I started with the Fig swirl cardstock and randomly scraped and dotted white gesso with a credit card all over it, including the edges. I then had lots of fun cutting, distressing and placing all the lovely PPs I had chosen to go with my photo


I popped a small doily and the small bag behind the photo and made a pennant look like a banner with a bit of folding. I placed a journalling card inside the bag which explains how the instructor told us all stand in a line for the group photo, and just as the shutter went, he pushed us all over! No wonder we are all laughing our heads off!


I cut another journalling tag in two and poked it in between the layers and wound single strands of the embroidery floss around my fingers to create thread circle embellishments.


I cut some of the triangles out of the ILS 'Pops of' PP and placed the photo inside. I used a paper ribbler and bracket border punch to create the Kraft border behind the PPs and to finish stamped some little snowflakes in lemon acrylic paint.

I hope you enjoyed looking at my layout, I certainly enjoyed making it! I will be back with more from this lovely kit.

I would like to enter this layout into The Studio's 'Lots of Layers' Challenge

See you soon!

Nikki xxx

4 comments:

  1. beautiful lay out, there is a lot to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this when I saw it on UKS - very "Quirky" indeed. Congrats on being their guest designer too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your artistic page!!
    Fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool and funky page ♥ Thanks for playing at The Studio Challenges ♥ Petra

    ReplyDelete