Monday 17 December 2012

The Brother's Grin

Hiya!

Another quirky kit DT layout for you to look at today. I was so pleased when I saw the flip side of the snowflake Studio Calico PP was a nice christmassy red. I had been hoping to scrap this 2011 picture of my OH and his brother with the kit because I had the title all figured out and you can't photoshop Santa hats! I would also like to credit this tutorial over on Scrapfriends for the inspiration for my page.

With the scrummy Theresa Collins woodgrain as my base I laid out the basic design of the page before I decided where I wanted the ink splats. I put a mark where I wanted to splat and then removed the basic layout before applying any ink. I used bingo dabbers to make mine but you can use distress ink stains too. I added a few drips of red to tie in the red paper. As you can see I'm very into layering at the moment and I was able to use up lots of scraps as the photo is quite small.
Love this banner technique, I think it will appear a lot on my layouts as will the star burst punch! I'm also lucky enough to own a badge maker so I'm able make to flair badges of my own design, so much fun!
I placed the camera veneers over the ink splats as I think it helps them standout on the page. I adhered one of the Echo Park journal cards to a Kraft tag and made a pocket behind the photo mat for my journalling.
As a final touch I added a Kraft die-cut man icon with pop dots and the rest of the snowflake trim. To make the title I used the mini letters from the Twinkle Twinkle kit as well as the duotone alpha.

That's it from me today but I will be back soon and this time it will be with Twinkle Twinkle which I really can't wait to get my teeth into :)

Bye for Now! Nikki xxx

2 comments: